Are you interested in being an author for new publications? GM Truck Central is currently looking for authors who are passionate, informative, and original. We want your experience, knowledge, research, and advice for our publications. The subject need not be overly complex or difficult, however they should be well written, with concepts and procedures explained clearly.
What are we looking for?
We are more interested in allowing you to write about what you have an interest and passion for, rather than us completing a checklist of subjects. We want you to enjoy sharing your content with the world, however we also can't compile dozens of 'how to change your oil' articles either, and we need to maintain subject diversity to some extent.
If you have an idea but need help, or have questions, we will work with you to help ensure your article is able to be published, and successful, we want to hear your ideas!
- Absolutely no plagiarism. Your content including all pictures and diagrams must be original. It is okay to quote information or data from other sources, as long as you properly reference them.
- We reserve the right to publish or refuse publication to any article.
- Articles should be written in a professional manner. Although we don't like to censor our authors, we may find it necessary to edit an article for various reasons. We reserve the right to edit any article we publish.
- Each article must be spell checked and grammar checked. Please use proper capitalization and punctuation. Refrain from using ALL CAPS, and do NOT use TXT speak.
- Pictures, Pictures, Pictures. We look for, and want, high quality pictures to supplement your article. Although pictures are not required, depending on the subject, they are always encouraged.
- Pictures should be good quality, in focus, and properly exposed.
- Some article subjects such as event coverage or vehicle spotlights may not be able to be published, If you have questions about an article's eligibility, please contact us.
- Some members prefer to publish under their screen or user name, we are happy to accommodate either a pseudonym or real name on the publications, however each article requires a date, name, and title.
- As long as each article is high quality, you may submit as many articles as you want.
- Each article must be a minimum of 1-2 pages in length (roughly 1000-1500 words) but longer articles are encouraged.
- No articles containing illegal content will be published.
- All images should be in JPEG format, fully edited, and cropped or resized to be between 800-1000px on the long side of the image. We prefer images that are of a consistent aspect ratio across all your images, but that is not a requirement.
- All written text for articles should be saved in .DOC, .DOCX, or .TXT format
So, are you ready to join the ranks of our GM Truck Central authors? We continually provide information like yours for free to the masses, our writers are known for their passion, expertise, creativity, and quality. We look forward to helping promote you and your articles.
How to submit an article or ask questions
If you need help or have questions please use the contact us form.
Your e-mail should contain the following information
- All article documents and images. These can be combined into a .zip file for easier e-mailing
- Your username on our forum (Haven't registered yet? check it out here, it's free)
- Your article title
- Please include "GM Truck Central Article Submission" in the subject line
Don't forget to take a look at our currently published articles to see what's already out there.
Also take a look around our community forums for ideas, ask questions, and get opinions from the GM Truck Central community.